One of the main attractions of the year in Palm Beach Gardens has arrived! The Honda Classic kicked off on February 20 with the Monday Pro-AM at the PGA National Resort and Spa’s Champion Course. The first round of The Honda Classic golf tournament begins on Thursday, February 23.
If you’re unfamiliar with The Honda Classic, it’s a part of the PGA Tour, bringing the best of the PGA Tour players. The winner receives $1,152,000 out of a $6.4 million purse. Last year’s winner was Adam Scott. You’ll see him again this year along with other familiar faces like Rickie Fowler, Daniel Berger, Russell Henley, Sergio Garcia, and Justin Thomas. There are over a hundred professional golfers teeing off this year.
This is an incredible weeklong event for golf enthusiasts but it’s not only for golfers. There is much more to enjoy with family and friends throughout the week and we’ve listed them for you. Below are ten things to expect at The Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens.
- Michelob Ultra Concert Series: Enjoy instrumentalist and Grammy winner, Kenny G and Florida-native country star, Taylor Norris at the Michelob Ultra Terrace on Thursday, February 23. Live music starts at 6 pm. Fusion takes the stage on Friday, February 24 at 6 pm providing fun dance beats throughout the night. On Saturday, February 25, experience Entourage, a talented group of performers that play an array of number one hits from the past and present.
- Military Appreciation Day: In partnership with United Technologies Corp., The Honda Classic is proud to honor our past and present servicemen and women. Complimentary tickets will be given out Thursday, February 23 through Sunday, February 26 to Active Duty, Reservists, Retirees, registered dependents, and Non-Retired Veterans. Our brave men and women will also have access to the United Technologies Patriots Outpost hospitality pavilion where they can enjoy complimentary food while overlooking the signature par 3, 17th hole.
- Gosling’s Dark ‘n Stormy Bear Trap: Fans love to indulge in this popular upgraded experience located by the 16th hole and the signature par 3, 17th hole! Tickets also grant you accessibility to the Cobra-PUMA Golf Village, where you can enjoy a sports bar atmosphere with live televised tournament coverage, and upgraded food and beverage sales.
- Autograph Zone: Get your favorite golfers’ autographs on Saturday! The first 1,500 kids will receive a free giant golf ball to collect their favorite player’s autographs. Kids ages 15 and under, also gets free admission on this day and all other days of The Honda Classic golf tournament.
- Celebrity Cruises Wine Garden: This is another spectacular venue located on the signature par 3, 17th hole. The wine garden displays an elegant vibe throughout with luxurious seating and décor. Plus, taste wines from around the world!
- Junior Clinic: Get pro tips and listen to personal stories from PGA Tour players, Emiliano Grillo and Bryson DeChambeau. Kids and parents can enjoy this fun exhibition held on Tuesday, February 21 at 4 pm.
- Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge: This extraordinary public venue includes stadium seating and an inside lounge with premium sightlines. Guests who are 21 and older can experience the Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge adjacent to the 17th Green, which offers premium bar service, live tournament coverage and free Wi-Fi.
- Ultra Deck: A great spot to unwind at The Honda Classic is the Ultra Deck, located between the 12th and 16th holes. Indulge in a variety of craft beers, while catching up with friends or meeting new ones. Grab a bite to eat at one of the fine food trucks available too.
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital Kids Zone: This is an all-day event, filled with fun for the whole family! On Saturday, February 25, kids can enjoy a day filled with games, contests, prizes, and a whole lot more! The fun begins at 12 pm until 8 pm at the Honda Pavilion.
- Tire Kingdom Fireworks Spectacular: Every year, The Honda Classic ends with a bang, literally. This year, there will be fireworks show held on Friday, February 24 at 7:30 pm and Saturday, February 25 at 7:30 pm.
All this is packed into one amazing event held in Palm Beach Gardens every year. Before you leave, make sure to grab a photo with the Golden Bear!
If you’re visiting from out of town, you may want to stay a little longer because the party doesn’t stop after The Honda Classic in Palm Beach Gardens. Whether it’s world-class shopping, fine dining, or exploring the tropical paradise around you, Palm Beach Gardens has so much to offer for everyone. You may never want to leave, and if that’s the case, our experienced agents at Tauber Real Estate Services can find you the home of your dreams.
Photo Source & Credit: The Honda Classic