“Water or Golf?” is a question that buyers in South Florida have been asking themselves for decades. We in Palm Beach County are fortunate to have the option of choosing between gorgeous waterfront real estate and equally spectacular golf course settings. Often, seeing is believing. Many buyers need to actually walk into a Juno Beach condo on the ocean, for example, to get a feel for that type of lifestyle, since it is something they may not be used to. Similarly, many golf course communities, like Old Marsh, Old Palm and the Bear’s Club, will allow you to play their courses when touring the communities to give you a feel for what it might be like to live there.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of each:
• More personal contact with neighbors in elevators, lobbies, etc.
• Awesome turquoise ocean views and easy beach access
• Usually smaller square footage with less maintenance
• Community pool overlooking ocean is nice amenity most condos have
• Security of the building/ doorman
• More privacy and less contact with neighbors going in/out of your home
• Easy access to golf course/practice facility
• Panoramic golf course views
• Usually larger square footage with green/lawn areas
• Private pool area behind house
These are just a few of the items to consider when choosing between an ocean and golf community for your residence. My suggestion for the best way to make your decision is to physically walk through some of the ocean condos and then tour some of the golf communities and you will get a feel for the different type of lifestyle each offers. After a while, your decision will come naturally.
Palm Beach County waterfront condos have bounced back from the recession and prices have increase about 11% in the past year with 40% fewer homes on the market. Low supply/high demand causes prices to rise and it looks like that will be the case for the next year also.
Northern Palm Beach County has been a very popular area the past year with many buyers choosing between Palm Beach, Jupiter Island , Juno Beach,Singer Island and Palm Beach Gardens communities. Endless choices exist both on the water and for first class golf – Admirals Cove, Ballenisles, Ibis,Jonathans Landing, Trump National Jupiter, Bears Club, Frenchmens Reserve, Frenchmens Creek, Loxahatchee, Old Marsh, Old Palm, Mirasol,PGA National and Dye Preserve.
Call us today to help you with your ocean or golf community search.